Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 297

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

DAREDEVIL #3 COVER. 2015. Ink(ed by Joe Rivera)
on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

Hey, I remember this guy! Hope you do too. No photo reference for this cover, but a lot of pics I found online to get the subway station right. I also used a 3D model for the stairs. I wasn't sure how I was going to do the tile, but I had to get my Dad inking, so I just did them digitally.

I just sent this off to my art dealer, so if you're interested, please contact Mark Hay at Splash Page Comic Art.


character designs by Ron Garney


inks by my Pops


pencils over digital print


digital pencils


digital layouts

8 comments :

  1. Great work, I hope those others layaouts will see the light of day, looks awesome too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave! Hope I'll get another chance at some point.

      Delete
  2. Very good. I like the boots of DD, and the way did you make the reflects in the wall. Very nice this one, Mr. Rivera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This whole cover was just an excuse to do those reflections!

      Delete
  3. Paolo I love this cover. and it's almost 300!!! :D at least a bottle of good champagne is due ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Milan! And yes, I think you are right... although I'm thinking whiskey.

      Delete
  4. I love your work, it is so clean and the faces have an amazing style, waiting for your new work

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.