Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 336

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

BLACK PANTHER #12 Variant Cover. 2016.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

This is the last of my Black Panther connecting covers (and really, what the whole series was leading up to). The head is based on Makonde sculpture, which is definitely worth a look. Wakanda is, of course, a fictional country, but I took a much of my inspiration from Tanzania and the surrounding area.


My Vibranium Vase!

Issue 9-12 connecting covers


inks by my Pops!


blue-line print of pencils


pencils over digital sketch


digital sketch with #KyleBrush


various reference from Google image searches (blurred)


layouts and studies, pencil and marker

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.