Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 359

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

HELLBOY AND THE B.P.R.D.: 1955 #3. 2017.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board with digital color, 11 × 17″.

Out today: Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1955 #3, full credits here. Below are the many little details that went into making this cover. The figure on the lower left is the design I came up with for a character, Moravec, that made his first appearance in Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1953.

I usually do tiny sketches in the (often digital) margins to get a feel for characters, poses, or props. If nothing else, it helps me rule things out. I find it's always better to just get something on the page before you start overthinking it or, heaven forbid, erasing.


Not much posing, but lots of details


inks by my Pops


blue-line print of pencils


pencils over digital sketch


sketch in Photoshop


flats by Aladdin Collar


digital layouts

1 comment :

  1. A truly Outstanding illustration my good sir! Bully for you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.